DATED: THE 23rd DAY OF NOVEMBER 2017
1. Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted.
For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or
forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information
from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
2. Personal information that visitors submit to our site is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted or
for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, unless we disclose other uses in
may contain personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
Collecting information on Registered members
3. As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full
advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as
4. Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address,
telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may
access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
Credit Card Details
5. Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted once payment is
6. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was
submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that
doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or
interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be
harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the
law requires disclosure.
7. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we
may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or
8. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we
review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data
transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
9. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit
to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our
best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
10. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are
obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held
responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
11. IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our
services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
12. Cookies and Applets
storing your session ID and are a way of monitoring single user access.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the
Access to Information
13. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and
to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you
is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
14. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are
obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
15. We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites
are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our
website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the
terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
16. If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems with our web sites, we will take these issues
or you have a problem or complaint, please contact us.
17. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian
Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
Food Online Australia is an exciting new, low cost directory developed to bring often hard to find information on all facets of food production together in one place, creating increased sales and highlighting opportunities for development and investment.
Several things occurred at the same time leading to Food Online Australia being developed.
Having worked in business and regional development and helping others investigate their business ideas and then developing a value added food product myself, I realised there were thousands of others trying to do what I was doing and find ways to develop their ideas and get people to buy their products.
The second thing was watching Landline and seeing a couple of stories on food seconds and waste and the opportunities that abounded.
Food Online Australia was born.